South Dakota is renowned world-wide for its pheasant hunting. It is also home to a large list of game animals in all types of different settings such as forests, river bottom, grasslands, mountains and the Missouri River reservoir system. Some of the seasons include antelope, deer, elk, turkey, mountain lions and small game. There are nearly five million acres of public land in the state which makes it a hunter's haven.
- Pheasant season ranges from October to the beginning of January.
- Antelope season is from August until the end of October.
- Deer season ranges from September to the beginning of January.
- Elk season varies by region but generally goes from September to the end of December.
- Fall turkey season is from November to the end of January and then picks back up again in April through Mid-May.
Hunting in South Dakota is an exceptional experience that no one interested in hunting should miss out on. The only sure way to preserve your piece of this resource is to purchase your own personal slice of South Dakota. Hayden Outdoors can help you make your dream come true by providing you with options of prime South Dakota hunting land for sale.