- 09/25/2017Customer ServiceWe were referred to Phil Phillips by one of his colleagues at Hayden Outdoors who couldn’t meet us when we planned our trip to Colorado to look at land. Phil was immediately attentive to our needs and did his best to show us properties he wasn’t familiar with in the Gunnison area. Several properties were unavailable to view, due to road closures for the sage grouse lekking season in May. As the first day wound down, with very little that we could feel good about, he suggested that we come over to the Montrose area and see properties he had listings for that fit our criteria. We met him the next day and after a few viewings, he took us to Log Hill south of Montrose and showed us two properties that immediately got our attention. The first of the two properties was the one that gave us that “a-ha” feeling with a fantastic view of Mt Sneffels and the San Juan Mountains range just 20 miles away. Phil showed us more parcels. After a bite to eat and showing us the nearby towns of Ouray and Ridgway, we all agreed the property with the view and price was speaking to our hearts. We returned to Texas and made an offer on the property. Phil tirelessly worked on our behalf the whole time with counter offers and getting more information about the property. He made an extra effort to get confirmation on the water well status which needed minor repairs to a control box. Phil was in constant contact with us and we closed approximately a month later. We recently visited the property in our RV and are now convinced it is our little piece of heaven on earth. We’ll begin developing our plans for a cabin very soon, hoping to build in the next few years. Hayden Outdoors has a great asset in Phil Phillips and we highly recommend him as an experienced and knowledgeable real estate professional who knows land characteristics, property standards, etc. His patience, persistence, likeable character, can do attitude, personable and positive outlook are qualities that will benefit his customers that he serves for Hayden Outdoors.Agent:Phil Phillips
A native of Colorado, Phil started his outdoor lifestyle early, taking his first buck at age 12 and his first archery buck at 15. He began guiding hunters at age 18, and in his early 20s started Colorado's first Ranching for Wildlife Program for antelope in Moffat County, which he ran for the next 15 years. During this time he was named SCI's North American Bowhunting Outfitter of the Year. While outfitting throughout the state in the 1990s, Phil hung his real estate license in the city of Montrose were he listed and sold properties.
Over the last 15 years Phil has hosted, hunted and guided hunters on outdoor television shows on the Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and the Pursuit Channel. Phil has spent his adult life hunting and leasing land across the Rocky Mountain West and Kansas--experience that has given him a great feel for the value of agricultural, ranch and recreational property. Phil is a life member of the NRA, Safari Club International, the Mule Deer Foundation and the North American Hunting Club. He has taken nearly 50 big game species worldwide, hunted 11 countries and seven Canadian provinces and is extremely well-connected in the outdoor community.
Phil would enjoy talking with you about listing your farm, ranch or recreational property, or, if you are a buyer, helping you to find the recreational property of your dreams. Phil is licensed in Colorado.
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant Land, Ranches for Sale, CabinDry Creek Legacy Ranch *$4,500,000 *3,000 Plus-or-Minus Acres *San Miguel County, CO The Dry Creek Legacy Ranch is approximately 3,000 acres of prime grazing and elk and mule deer hunting ground. Located in southwest Colorado near Norwood and 60 miles from Telluride, 2 hours from — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Recreational, CommercialREDUCED -- NOW $3,250.000.00! With the Montrose, CO, real estate market heating up, this is the perfect time to cash in on this opportunity. At a new lower price, these 360 acres of lush valley ground are prime for development in Montrose County along Colorado’s — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Cabin, RecreationalCo-listed with Lonnie Gustin: (970) 629-0520 Welcome to Castle Rock Ranch consisting of high alpine panoramic views tucked away in the middle of God's country!! Castle Rock Ranch Ranch sits below Castle Rock which is the highest point in Montrose County providing spectacular views of — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Recreational, CommercialCircle H Ranch Parcel 1 Spanning 123 acres, this was previously platted for a major subdivision with 108 residential lots and 10 acres of B4 commercial. Tri-County water taps are available and $96,000 of paid sewer taps are included. This 123 acre listing includes agricultural — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Recreational, CommercialBlack Canyon RV Park and Campground 84348 Hwy. 50, Cimarron CO 81220 With stunning views in every direction, this rarely-found business opportunity along Colorado’s scenic Western Slope offers the unique chance to live and work in the beautiful Cimarron Valley providing an unmatched lifestyle and — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Recreational, CommercialCircle H Ranch Parcel 3 Approximately 71 acres, this parcel may be best suited for larger-view lots for custom homes. It includes great views, a sewer line main, domesic water and irrigated ground. Buyer would need to apply for this subdivision. Refer to main listing — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Recreational, CommercialCircle H Ranch Parcel 2 This 90 acre listing can be subdivided mutiple ways baed on the builder's vision. The property offes views, a sewer line main, domestic water and irrigation water Buyer would need to apply for this subdivision. Refer to the main listing — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Recreational, CommercialCircle H Ranch Parcel 4 This parcel has it all! Great views, a sewer line main, domestic water and irrigated ground! Its prime position provides Hwy. 50 frontage that can possibly be zoned commercial. Buyer would need to apply for this subdivision. Refer to main — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Farms, Ranches for Sale, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalStep off the beaten path and access the tranquil beauty of Montrose County’s Western Slope as you enter this 1-1/2 story log home with a walk-out basement situated on 38 acres providing private scenic-valley and snow-capped mountain views. The property encompasses 19 acres of irrigated — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, RecreationalThis is one of the largest view lots left on the Bridges. Welcome to Montrose, a historic town located on the west slope of the Colorado Rockies. Montrose is proud to have been featured in Outdoor Life Magazine's list of " top 200 Towns for — Read more