John was born in the Midwest and raised on the family farm in Elk Point, South Dakota, homesteaded by his great grandfather in 1888, where he was taught family farm values and a strong work ethic from a young age. John attended Black Hills State University and later became a graduate of the Worldwide College of Auctioneering. John’s accomplishments include over 10 years as a row crop farm appraiser, owning a real estate/appraisal/auction firm, and building and managing the construction of over 300 homes and commercial projects as a partner in a construction company. His past civic duties include President of the Economic Development Corporation and 10 year member of the Planning and Zoning Commission in Elk Point, SD. Spending the past 30 summers as captain of his commercial salmon boat in Alaska, John has learned not only the rewards of hard work, but an appreciation of the great outdoors and everything it has to offer.
As Director of Sales at Hayden Outdoors, John brings over 20 years of experience and assists in the day to day sales operations at the brokerage headquarters in Windsor, Colorado. He continues to represent clients as a broker in Alaska, Colorado, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa.
John resides in Windsor, CO and loves to fish, hunt, golf, snow-ski, and spend time in the outdoors with his family. As a real estate broker, auctioneer, and licensed appraiser, John is committed to being of service to his clients.
Proud to be a current member and involved in the following organizations:
- National Association of Realtors
- Fort Collins Board of Realtors
- Realtors Land Institute
- American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- National Auctioneers Association
- Colorado Auctioneers Association
- Pheasants Forever - Life Member
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Ducks Unlimited
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Recreational"Sportsman’s Paradise - A True Once in A Lifetime Offering… Plentiful Wild Pheasants, Countless Ducks & Geese, Trophy Whitetails, 30” Walleyes and South Dakota Sunsets." Indian Springs Ranch is a 2,694 +/- acre turnkey sportsman's paradise. The ranch boasts a beautiful and modern 5 bedroom — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalThis is exceptional combination farm offering is located just 25 miles north of Sterling, Colorado and just 20 miles South of Sidney, Nebraska. Sidney is home to a municipal airport with a 6,600 ft. runway. Sterling, Colorado is located just 25 miles to the south — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalDiamond A Ranch is a turn-key legacy hunting lodge/ranch located within the infamous “Pheasant Triangle” in Gregory, South Dakota. Hunt on your approximately 1,463 plus acres of land surrounded by the Butte Mountains, with an option to purchase additional tillable acreage. At night relax in — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Timber Land, Waterfront, Homes, RecreationalPrivate Beach Access Gated Entrance with 1,000’ gravel driveway Potential to subdivide for 7-10 additional 2 acre lots 2,100 sqft. Home w/ 2 master suites and 2.5 baths Carriage House w/ Full Kitchen, Master Suite and Full Bathroom 3-Bay Garage with radiant heated floors Timberframe — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Timber Land, Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, Recreational“The Olive” is a feature home located in Cliff Point Estates development. This spacious 4,600 SF. residence boasts an incredibly beautiful and modern layout, with custom finishes and excellent natural lighting throughout. The home comes fully furnished and features unobstructed ocean and mountain views, a — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Residential, Ranches for Sale, Homes, RecreationalIncredible opportunity to own an award-winning home on 5.39 scenic acres located along the Colorado Foothills. Caribou Springs Ranchette is a beautiful 5 bedroom, 8 bathroom luxury-style home with antique imports and the highest quality of finishes; including a 1,900 Sqft. guest house, fully fenced — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Timber Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Homes, RecreationalThe perfect combination between a quality working ranch and premier hunting property - Pete's Creek Ranch is an impressive 554+/- acre listing located just 2.75 miles east of Burke in Gregory County, South Dakota. This expansive ranch boasts a diverse landscape with approximately 550 continuous — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Residential, Vacant Land, Waterfront, RecreationalThe Ponds at Barr Lake is that "needle in a haystack" property you have been waiting for. Directly adjoining Barr Lake and Barr Lake State Park, t he property consists of 39.01 taxed acres with 5 ponds allowing endless recreational opportunities including fishing, hunting and — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Farms, Ranches for Sale, HomesGreat Location - ¼ South of Loveland, Colorado 3,336 square-foot Home - Beautiful layout with updated finishes New 120' x 40' Metal Outbuilding w/ 60' x 12' Workshop Scenic views of the Foothills and Colorado Front Range Stock Fishing Pond on SE corner of the — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Farms, Ranches for Sale, Homes, RecreationalLocated approximately 20 miles east of Chadron and 9 miles north of Rushville, Nebraska, the Tallon Ranch boasts 1,346+/- acres of expansive rolling grassland and dryland pasture ground with numerous tree lined hills and various ranch improvements. With nearly 1.6 miles of State Highway Frontage, — Read more