You are here
D.G. Wood Be Ranch, Kansas
Property Types: Residential, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, Recreational
Activities & Amenities
D.G. Wood Be Ranch
The D.G. Wood Be Ranch is truly one of a kind! A picturesque 160 acre farm located in the gently rolling hills of the Osage Cuestas region in Allen County, KS, this property sits just a short 8 miles east of the town of Humboldt. This turnkey ranch has been exceptionally maintained and is exploding with wildlife. One walk through this property and it is apparent the family has been progressive in meticulously creating and managing the wild game habitat throughout. This ranch has proven itself as one of the most versatile hunting and fishing properties that Eastern Kansas has to offer. There is no shortage of quail, turkey, deer, dove, geese, ducks, predators, largemouth bass, and channel cat!! This ranch has so much to offer!
The land includes:
- 12 acre stocked lake
- 3 additional stocked ponds
- Goose Creek
- Timbered habitat
- Pasture ground
The farmstead includes:
- 3 Bedroom/2.5 Bath 2,500 sq. ft. residence
- Large, heated horse barn with corral pens
- 3 stall - indoor/outdoor dog kennel
- Potting shed
- Electronic grand entry with 800' paved private driveway
- Additional storage shed/game processing shed
- 3 Bedrooms/2.5 Bathrooms built in 1992 (2,500 sq. ft.)
- Large open kitchen area with middle island, granite counter tops, and great view
- Separate formal dining room with ample space
- Living area with fireplace, wet bar, surround sound, and beautiful window view of lake
- Walk out deck leading to the lake (Composite decking with lifetime warranty)
- Plant/sun room coming off of kitchen leading to the deck
- The master bathroom leads out to the deck with its own entry/exit door
- Deck also includes a recessed walk-in 6 person hot tub
- All bedrooms have extra large closet space
- Double car garage with attached "Man Cave" room
- Central heating and air with high efficiency Lennox air conditioner
- 1000 gallon underground propane tank is to be installed that will feed both the residence & barn
The Horse Barn
- Constructed in 2015 by local professional contractor
- Heated and insulated 40' x 60' (2,400 sq.ft.) with concrete floors throughout (heated by 2 Enerco overhead propane heating units)
- 3 stall horse boarding facility with additional tack room storage
- 15' x 60' east facing lean-to with horse pens and working corrals
- 15' x 60' west facing lean-to for machinery and other equipment
- Large drive through doors on both north and south side of barn with additional walk in door on south side
- 2 separate floor drains for butchering/cleaning wild game
- Barn also includes: stainless steel commercial style sink, 50 gallon hot water tank, fluorescent lighting throughout, and 120 electrical service with option to add 240 volt service
- The ranch borders a well maintained blacktop
- Triple rail vinyl horse fencing runs the entire length of the drive/entryway
- Detached 12' x 16' dog kennel shed with 3 exterior chain link kennel runs (has a water hydrant as well as 120 electrical outlets)
- The residence and barn run off of rural water
- Large lawn area
- The owner currently is running 50 head of cattle throughout the acreage
- Northeast 1/4 of the ranch is comprised mainly of the lake, residence, barn, and outbuildings
- South half consists of mainly pasture, meadow, and timbered areas
- The pasture has some gently rolling hills enclosed with a stout 5 stranded barbed wire fence
- Goose Creek cuts the full length of this property from NE to SW, helping to provide amazing habitat.
- The NE pasture is planted to over 100 varieties of established food, grasses, & cover where quail take refuge.
- There are 3 additional ponds on this property that are all stocked with fish. This property has no shortage of water!
- Types of trees throughout the acreage include: Walnut Trees, Pecan Trees, Persimmon Trees, & Red Cedar Trees.
- Additional cattle lean-to and corral pens are located in the SE corner of the property
- All water and mineral rights shall pass to Buyer
*Potential opportunity to purchase adjacent 160 acres +/-
- This area of Kansas is well known to produce some monster Whitetail bucks. Bucks exceeding 150" can be harvested annually on this property.
- For the avid waterfowl enthusiast, Canadian geese, mallards, & wood ducks frequent the lake and ponds on a regular basis.
- This ranch boasts exceptional numbers of Rio turkeys as well as the opportune chance at an Eastern turkey!
- Multiple coveys of Bobwhite quail reside in the well balanced habitat of the ranch.
- Every pond on the farm is stocked with multiple varieties of fish including: largemouth bass, channel cat, crappie, & perch.
- Deer Unit #11 & Turkey Unit #6
- Electricity is on average $175/mo. (Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative, Girard, KS)
- Propane (Residence & Barn) averages $1,000/year (D & D Propane Inc, Humboldt, KS)
- Taxes average around $5,600 per year
- Providing some of the best fishing in the state, the Bourbon State Fishing Lake lies only 10 miles east of this ranch.
- The Lone Tree Gun Club offers a fun environment if you are looking for more local recreation. This club rallies every Wednesday & Sunday night to enjoy good company, dine, and shoot trap on the provided trap range. The club headquarters and range is located 1.5 miles south of this farm.
- Located 2 hours from Kansas City, Wichita, Joplin, & Tulsa
- 15 miles to Iola, KS (can accommodate larger aircrafts at airport)
- 18 miles to Chanute, KS (can accommodate larger aircrafts at airport)
- 7 miles east of state highway 169
Please contact Connor Williams with Hayden Outdoors at 620-617-6300, for more information on this property or to schedule a private showing (**Financial verification is required**)