- 04/22/2020Sold Faster Than ExpectedWhen we needed to sell our farm outside of Akron, Colorado we listed our property with Rick Kusel. Living in a small community as we do, property does not sell rapidly or for that matter the price that you are wanting. Rick was very knowledgeable about real estate law and did an excellent job with photos, descriptions, and advertising via newspapers, flyers and online. He was able to answer any questions that we had. Rick was able to sell our property for the asking price. As our property sold faster than expected, Rick helped us find a home in Akron. Rick is very personable and I would recommend him to anyone that is trying to sell their property or purchase property. Thanks Rick, Jim and Benita Reiman Greeley, COAgent:Rick Kusel
Rick has been involved with agriculture and the outdoors his entire life. He grew up in western Iowa on the family grain and livestock farm and has been successfully selling farms and ranches in Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska for over 20 years.
After working a couple of years in the Wyoming oilfields, Rick was able to move back home to Iowa and purchase the family farm from his grandparents where he raised corn, soybeans, small grains, and alfalfa in addition to operating a 1500 head cattle feedlot, a farrow to finish hog operation, an 80 head cow herd, and a small trucking business.
In 1994 Rick moved to Akron, Colorado where he ventured into the John Deere business and worked as a salesman and was soon promoted to General Manager of a very successful dealership where he worked until 2002. Rick received his Colorado Real Estate license in 2000 and soon after he decided to devote his attention entirely to the real estate and management industry.
Rick graduated from Western College of Auctioneering in Billings, Montana in June, 2007 and has assisted several auction companies as either an auctioneer or ringman, as well as personally conducting many successful auctions.
Rick has always been an avid outdoorsman and has filled many days either, hunting, fishing or trapping in several states and has a great appreciation for the majesty of the outdoors. Rick was also a volunteer fireman for 20 years. He served at both the local and state levels with the Iowa Cattleman’s Association as a board member and a director, and was named as one of the “Outstanding Young Cattlemen” in the State of Iowa in 1990. Rick is a member of the Western Stock Show Association (Nation Western Stock Show) and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Greeley Cache La Poudre Pheasants Forever organization.
Rick is very active in his community and church. He and his wife Jessica were married in 2016 and they love to spend time with their children and grandchildren.
Rick is currently a Broker Associate in Colorado and a Salesperson in Nebraska and Kansas, specializing in agricultural and recreational properties. He continues to operate his own cow herd and also consults for several farms and ranches in multiple western states. His life-long involvement in farming, ranching, agri-business and real estate coupled with the dedication he directs towards his clients makes him a great addition to Hayden Outdoors.
- Listing Status:Under ContractProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Homes, RecreationalThe San Arroyo Creek Ranch is 5259+/- total acres with 4626+/- deeded contiguous acres and a 633+/- State Lease ½ mile away. The ranch is located approximately 24 miles south of Ft. Morgan or 34 miles northeast of Byers in eastern Adams County and less — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Waterfront, Recreational, CommercialLocation, Location, Location - The three most important factors in determining the desirability of a property/business, a cliche used by many real estate experts. Stetson’s Corner Store, located at the intersection of Hwy 61 and Hwy 92, is by far the best “Location” at Lake — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalPossibly a once in a lifetime opportunity! Portions of this farm have been held by the same family for over 80 years. Don’t miss your chance to purchase some of this property, it may not come back on the market ever again. Lynde Farms consists — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Timber Land, Vacant Land, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Cabin, RecreationalHog Heaven Ranch is a 360 +/- acre ranch nestled in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains, located just northwest of the LaVeta Pass Summit on scenic Pass Creek Road with breathtaking views of the Wet Mountains to the north. This wonderful sportsman’s ranch is — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalThe Bashor Keota Ranch is a great opportunity to purchase a sizable and quality parcel of native grass within an hours drive of the Northern Colorado Front Range and also within a good proximity to several reputation livestock sale barns. This all contigeous ranch would — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, CommercialBig Springs Commercial is a 12.32 +/- acre developable parcel located adjacent to the Eastbound on ramp to Interstate 80 at Exit 107, Interstate 80 is the most traveled Interstate in the U.S. running from New York to California. Exit 107 is the first exit — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalOpportunity awaits in the Historic San Luis Valley! The Haberkon Ranch located approximately 4 miles northwest of Antonito and nestled between the Conejos River and thousands of acres of BLM lands is truly a diamond in the rough. This 720 acre +/- farm/ranch has approximately — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalTop Notch at Lake Mac is the perfect weekend get-away, vacation home or permanent residence! This beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath “Barndominium” with an exquisite shop for all your toys is located only a few minutes from several beaches and boat ramps, and is — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Waterfront, Recreational, CommercialLocation, Location, Location - The three most important factors in determining the desirability of a property/business, a cliche used by many real estate experts. Sands Edge Bar & Grill, located at the intersection of Hwy 61 and Hwy 92, is by far the best “Location” — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Timber Land, Vacant Land, Ranches for Sale, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalSerenity at Spanish Peaks is a fantastic property situated on 35.68 acres in the Spanish Peaks Ranch Estates and is unrestricted by any HOA’s or covenants. This property offers everything imaginable for the outdoor enthusiast; hiking, mountain biking, birding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, hunting and fishing — Read more