Rick has been involved with agriculture and the outdoors his entire life. He grew up in western Iowa on the family grain and livestock farm and has been successfully selling farms and ranches in Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska for over 18 years.
After working a couple of years in the Wyoming oilfields, Rick was able to move back home to Iowa and purchase the family farm from his grandparents where he raised corn, soybeans, small grains, and alfalfa in addition to operating a 1500 head cattle feedlot, a farrow to finish hog operation, an 80 head cow herd, and a small trucking business.
In 1994 Rick moved to Akron, Colorado where he ventured into the John Deere business and worked as a salesman and was soon promoted to General Manager of a very successful dealership where he worked until 2002. Rick received his Colorado Real Estate license in 2000 and soon after he decided to devote his attention entirely to the real estate and management industry.
Rick graduated from Western College of Auctioneering in Billings, Montana in June, 2007 and has assisted several auction companies as either an auctioneer or ringman, as well as personally conducting many successful auctions.
Rick has always been an avid outdoorsman and has filled many days either, hunting, fishing or trapping in several states and has a great appreciation for the majesty of the outdoors. Rick was also a volunteer fireman for 20 years. He served at both the local and state levels with the Iowa Cattleman’s Association as a board member and a director, and was named as one of the “Outstanding Young Cattlemen” in the State of Iowa in 1990.
Rick is very active in his community and church. He and his wife Jessica were married in 2016 and they love to spend time with their children and grandchildren.
Rick is currently a Broker Associate in Colorado and a Salesperson in Nebraska and Kansas, specializing in agricultural and recreational properties. He continues to operate his own cow herd and also consults for several farms and ranches in multiple western states. His life-long involvement in farming, ranching, agri-business and real estate coupled with the dedication he directs towards his clients makes him a great addition to Hayden Outdoors.
- Listing Status:Under ContractProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalThe Bashor Keota Ranch is a great opportunity to purchase a sizable and quality parcel of native grass within an hours drive of the Northern Colorado Front Range and also within a good proximity to several reputation livestock sale barns. This all contigeous ranch would — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalThe Garcia Ranch at Antonito is a rare opportunity to purchase a historic San Luis Valley ranch. After being in the Garcia family for several generations, this property is coming on the market. The Garcia’s have been excellent stewards of this land for generations allowing — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, Recreational9 Lakeview Estates Lake Mac is Lake McConaughy living and recreating at it’s finest. This one of a kind property literally has it all and more! Starting with almost a full (.94) acre of “Deeded” property that includes a fully sprinklered and landscaped yard, this — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalLake Mac Cabin at Lemoyne is the perfect get-away or permanent residence! This beautiful 1 bedroom, 1 bath cabin located only a few minutes walk from the beach and boat ramp is built on “Deeded” property. This cabin lives large, with 2 fully furnished living — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Waterfront, Homes, Cabin, Recreational, CommercialMathews Lake Mac Acreage is a fantastic property with a great location. This nice one bedroom and one bath home/cabin situated on 1.45+/- “Deeded” acres is conveniently located on the corner of Hwy 92 and Lemoyne Road and only minutes away from beautiful Lake McConaughy. — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalFike’s Quarter is an excellent opportunity to start or add to your real estate portfolio, whether it is expanding your current farming operation, or purchasing your first investment property. Located east of CO Springs or southwest of Limon, this 154.69 +/- acre dryland farm is — Read more