A.J. Mangum joined Hayden Outdoors in 2012 as a broker associate in Colorado. He grew up on a central Oregon ranch, and rode competitively in horse shows throughout the Pacific Northwest. He financed his college education with earnings from a commercial cattle herd he established as a teenager.
After graduating from Oregon State University, A.J. began a 25-year career in journalism and publishing, working as a newspaper reporter and magazine editor, and writing extensively about the ranching culture. He was the editor of Western Horseman for a decade, and editor of Ranch & Reata for its full five-year run.
As a journalist, A.J. has traveled widely throughout the North American West and beyond, visiting some of the world’s most intriguing and innovative ranching operations in order to share their experiences and knowledge with readers, a skill set that proves invaluable in marketing ranch properties. As a result, A.J. brings to Hayden Outdoors not only a lifetime of experience working with ranchers and livestock, but also a unique perspective on the rewards and opportunities represented by land ownership. A.J. is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, HomesLocated on a paved county road just minutes from the small town of Rye, Colorado, Obert’s Landing is a stunning 35.13-acre mountain property, boasting a custom 4,651-square-foot, lodge-style home, a vast 60x80 shop building, a creek, and awe-inspiring mountain views. The 5-bedroom, 4-bath home is — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant LandRedstone Ridge is an incredible 40-acre parcel that towers over the Monument and Palmer Lake areas just minutes north of Colorado Springs. The property boasts breathtaking, up-close mountain views, and borders the Pike Nat’l Forest on two sides, offering private, exclusive access to limitless recreational — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Residential, Ranches for Sale, Homes“Las Colinas” (“the hills”) is a stunning 40-acre property featuring a custom-designed, true-adobe Southwestern home, in a tranquil setting offering privacy, incredible mountain views, and abundant wildlife, including deer, elk, antelope, hawks, and more. Located southeast of Pueblo, Colorado, the property is wooded with cedars — Read more
- Listing Status:Under ContractProperty Type:Ranches for Sale, Homes, RecreationalLittle Owl Canyon Ranch Northeast is a scenic 45.7-acre property featuring a spacious 4-bedroom, 3-bath home with hardwood flooring, central air , a well-appointed kitchen, a wood fireplace, an oversized master suite, and a walk-in closet for each bedroom. The water heater and the well — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalLittle Owl Canyon Ranch West is a scenic 120-acre property with much on offer: national forest access , live water , an awe-inspiring canyon, a hidden creekside camp cabin (with power), a horse corral (with hay shed), a developed driveway, lush meadows, and more. Protected — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalSpring Canyon Ranch is a unique find for a buyer seeking a hunting HQ, a secluded mountain retreat, or a home or cabin site offering tranquility, privacy, mountain views, and unlimited outdoor recreational opportunities. Consisting of two adjoining 35-acre parcels, this 70-acre property directly borders — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalStonewall Ranch is a 130.9-acre property located in southern Colorado’s dramatic Spanish Peaks country, and ready to be developed into a unique residential ranching, hunting, or equestrian property. A new owner will have a significant head start in developing this ranch. An enclosed 40x70-foot pole — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for SaleThis 183.32-acre property is zoned A-1 (ag), and located in a tranquil ranch environment with outstanding lake and mountain views (including Pikes Peak), and numerous sites for a future home, barn, riding arena, and more, with abundant land remaining for pasture and other uses. The — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant LandThis 7-acre +/- parcel is a one-of-a-kind Colorado property that will make an amazing future home site among some of the state's finest scenery and recreational opportunities. Located at the edge of Green Mountain Falls , Colorado, at the end of a paved road that — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, WaterfrontBoasting both tranquility and a convenient location, this scenic parcel features open meadows , two year-round creeks , wooded hillsides, abundant wildlife (deer, elk) , and canyons surrounded by dramatic rock formations. Multiple potential home sites offer easy access, creek proximity, tranquil settings, and views — Read more