A.J. Mangum joined Hayden Outdoors in 2012 as a broker associate in Colorado. He grew up on a central Oregon ranch, and rode competitively in horse shows throughout the Pacific Northwest. He financed his college education with earnings from a commercial cattle herd he established as a teenager.
After graduating from Oregon State University, A.J. began a 25-year career in journalism and publishing, working as a newspaper reporter and magazine editor, and writing extensively about the ranching culture. He was the editor of Western Horseman for a decade, and editor of Ranch & Reata for its full five-year run.
As a journalist, A.J. has traveled widely throughout the North American West and beyond, visiting some of the world’s most intriguing and innovative ranching operations in order to share their experiences and knowledge with readers, a skill set that proves invaluable in marketing ranch properties. As a result, A.J. brings to Hayden Outdoors not only a lifetime of experience working with ranchers and livestock, but also a unique perspective on the rewards and opportunities represented by land ownership. A.J. is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Residential, Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, HomesLocated on a paved county road just minutes from the small town of Rye, Colorado, Obert’s Landing is a stunning 35.13-acre mountain property, boasting a custom 4,651-square-foot, lodge-style home, a vast 60x80 shop building, a year-round creek, and awe-inspiring mountain views. The 5-bedroom, 4-bath home — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Farms, Ranches for Sale, Waterfront, Cabin, Recreational, CommercialIf you’re a salt water fisherman, then you’ve heard of Baffin Bay! And if you’ve heard of Baffin Bay, then you know that it’s synonymous with big fish! Big speckled trout to be specific! Fishermen from all over the state and beyond come to Baffin — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Vacant LandRedstone Ridge is an incredible 40-acre parcel that towers over the Monument and Palmer Lake areas just minutes north of Colorado Springs. The property boasts breathtaking, up-close mountain views, and borders the Pike Nat’l Forest on two sides, offering private, exclusive access to limitless recreational — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:HomesLocated less than 10 miles north of Colorado Springs and within easy commuting distance of Denver, this scenic 2.64-acre property features a custom-built 4-bedroom, 2.5-bath home with numerous amenities, abundant space, a tranquil Rocky Mountain setting, and outstanding views. Built in 2011 and in like-new — Read more
- Listing Status:SoldProperty Type:Residential, Ranches for Sale, Homes“Las Colinas” (“the hills”) is a stunning 40-acre property featuring a custom-designed, true-adobe Southwestern home, in a tranquil setting offering privacy, incredible mountain views, and abundant wildlife, including deer, elk, antelope, hawks, and more. Located southeast of Pueblo, Colorado, the property is wooded with cedars — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Ranches for Sale, Homes, RecreationalLittle Owl Canyon Ranch Northeast is a scenic 45.7-acre property featuring a spacious 4-bedroom, 3-bath home with hardwood flooring, central air, a well-appointed kitchen, a wood fireplace, an oversized master suite, and a walk-in closet for each bedroom. The domestic well’s initial test reported a — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Farms, Ranches for Sale, Homes, Cabin, RecreationalTimber Canyon Retreat is a secluded 40-acre, ag-zoned property with a unique, handcrafted log home offering the character of a log cabin, but with ample space and flexibility of use. Located just north of Trinidad, Colorado, and the New Mexico state line, the property is — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalLittle Owl Canyon Ranch West is a scenic 120-acre property with much on offer: year-round springs, seasonal creeks , rock formations, a hidden creekside camp cabin, a corral and hay shed, and a historic homestead site. An awe-inspiring canyon cuts through the property; from the — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for Sale, RecreationalStonewall Ranch is a 130.9-acre property located in southern Colorado’s dramatic Spanish Peaks country, and ready to be developed into a unique residential ranching, hunting, or equestrian property. A new owner will have a significant head start in developing this ranch. An enclosed 40x70-foot pole — Read more
- Listing Status:AvailableProperty Type:Vacant Land, Farms, Ranches for SaleThis 183.32-acre property is zoned A-1 (ag), and located in a tranquil ranch environment with outstanding lake and mountain views (including Pikes Peak), and numerous sites for a future home, barn, riding arena, and more, with abundant land remaining for pasture and other uses. The — Read more